DAVID B. WALES
Professor of Mathematics, Emeritus
B.Sc., The University of British Columbia, 1961
M.A., The University of British Columbia, 1962
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1967
Group theory, algebraic combinatorics, representation theory
- Arjeh Cohen (TUE Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
- Finite linear groups in seven variables (Research Announcement), Bull. Amer.
Math. Soc. 74 (1968), 197-198.
- (with M. Hall, Jr.) The simple group of order 604,800, J. Algebra 9
- The classification of simple groups of order p3a2b,
prime, Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics, Vol. XXI, Representation Theory of
Finite Groups and Related Topics (1971), 161-163.
- (with J. Conway) Construction of the Rudvalis group of order 145,926,144,000, J.
Algebra 27 (1973), 538-548.
- (with C. Huffman) Linear groups containing an element with an eigenspace of
codimension two, Proceedings of the Utah Group Theory Conference, Academic Press, New
- (with A. Cohen) Finite subgroups of F4(C) and
E6(C), Proc. London Math. Soc. 74 (1997),
- (with J. Saxl and R. Wilson) Embeddings of Sz(32) in E8(5),
Bull. London Math. Soc. 32 (2000), 196-202.
- (with B. Doran IV) The partition algebra revisited, J. Algebra
231 (2000), 265-330.
- (with A. Cohen, A. Steinbach, and R. Ushirobira) Lie algebras generated
by extremal elements, J. Algebra 236 (2001), 122-154.
- Quasiprimitive linear groups with quadratic elements, J. Algebra
245 (2001), 584-606.
- (with A. Cohen) Linearity of Artin groups of finite type, Israel J. Math.
131 (2002), 101-123.
- (with A. Cohen and D. Gijsbers) BMW algebras of simply laced type,
J. Algebra 286 (2005), 107-153.
- (with A. Cohen and D. Gijsbers) A poset connected to Artin monoids of
simply laced type, J. Combinatorial Theory Ser. A 113 (2006),
- (with A. Cohen and D. Gijsbers) Tangle and Brauer diagram algebras of type Dn, preprint, 2007
- J. Knot theory an Its Ramifications 18, no.4, (2009), 447-483.
- (with A. Cohen and D. Gijsbers) The BMW algebras of type Dn,
- (with A. Cohen and B. Frenk) Brauer algebras of simply laced type,
- (with C. Ku) Eigenvalues of the derangement graph, preprint, 2008.
Go to the Directory for mailing address, fax and telephone
numbers, and e-mail address.
D. Wales' list of publications
here to get a listing of D. Wales' papers from the AMS MathSciNet with links to
(Note: You or your institution must have a valid MathSciNet subscription.)
Math Department Home Page