Wilhelmus A.J. Luxemburg
Professor of Mathematics, Emeritus
M.S. Mathematics and Physics, University of Leiden, 1953
Ph.D. Mathematics, Technical University Delft, 1955
Functional Analysis, Complex Analysis, Ordered Algebraic Structures,
- (with K.D. Stroyan) Introduction to the theory of infinitesimals.
Academic Press, New York, 1976, 326 pp.
- (with B. de Pagter and A. Schep) Diagonals of the powers of an operator
on a Banach lattice. In "Operator Theory in Function Spaces and Banach Lattices."
The A.C. Zaanen Anniversary Volume, Eds. C.B. Huijsmans, M.A. Kaashoek, W.A.J.
Luxemburg, and B. de Pagter.
Operator Theory: Advances and Applications 75, 223-273, Birkhäuser-Verlag, Basel-Boston-Berlin, 1995.
- (with B. de Pagter) Invariant means for positive operators and
semigroups. In "Circumspice" (papers in and around mathematics honoring
Arnoud van Rooij), Nijmegen K. University Press, 31-55, 2001.
- (with M. Goldberg and R. Guralnick) Not all quadrative norms are
Indag. Math. (N.S.) 12 (2001),
no. 4, 469-476.
- (with M. Väth) The existence of non-trivial bounded functionals implies
the Hahn-Banach extension theorem.
Z. Anal. Anwendungen 20 (2001),
no. 2, 267-279.
- (with B. de Pagter) Maharam extensions of positive operators and
Positivity 6 (2002),
no. 2, 147-190.
- (with F. Jackson) Sundual characterizations of the translation group of
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 131 (2003),
no. 1, 185-199
- (with B. de Pagter) Representations of positive projections. 73 pp.
Go to the Directory for mailing address, fax and telephone
numbers, and e-mail address.
here to get a listing of W.A.J. Luxemburg's papers from the AMS MathSciNet with links to
(Note: You or your institution must have a valid MathSciNet subscription.)
Math Department Home Page